Cannabis and Well-Being
Review updated demographics and motivations of cannabis use.
Explore clinical measures of well-being and the relationship between well-being, mindfulness, and health outcomes. Examine data from well-being and mindfulness studies in cannabis users including the impact of stigma on well-being of cannabis users
THE NEW NEAT
1. When Rumi said "Be Here Now" I wonder if he ever envisioned Marie Claire staffers review a digital wellness app. Meet Moment, an app that wants you to stop touching your phone. (https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/reports/moment-app-review-615153)
2. Meet Dr. Lorna Quandt, a Deaf Neuroscientist using science to show that gestures are more than just expression tools. (https://www.wired.com/story/how-the-brain-links-gestures-perception-and-meaning/)
3. You definitely need to know about Dorian Morris (https://www.missgrass.com/undefined-beauty-interview/) , the creator of a CBD oil beauty line with social justice at it's heart. Her line Undefined was a hit at the inaugural SXSW cannabis track.
DOCTOR'S NOTE LINK LIST
One a day keeps a brain juicy they say!
1. The World Happiness Report is out & guess whose in the Top 20??!?! (http://worldhappiness.report/ed/2019/)
+ Doctor's Note: Word on the street is there are free vacations to the #1 happiest country, Finland, circulating on the internet.
2. The New York Times recently published Four Key Steps to Being Happier. (https://www.nytimes.com/guides/well/how-to-be-happy?module=inline)
+ Doctor's Note: Mindfulness underlies all their suggestions, which is why we know they work!
3. Easy to read infographic on how exercise makes you Happier! (https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/03/3d-clitoris/518991/)
+ Doctor's Note: Hint, the endocannabinoid system is a key factor friends!
4. Did you know your happiness is dependent on cannabinoid receptors? (https://www.fundacion-canna.es/en/pursuit-happiness-and-what-cannabinoids-have-do-it)
+ Doctor's Note: Dr. Tanja Bagar from the Fundacíon Canna kindly explains why the endocannabinoid system maybe the key to happiness.
5. Not only are cannabinoid receptors the key to happiness; their density & location change depending on culture! (https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0209552)
+ Doctor's Note: This study totally highlights how cannabis prohibition may be hurting humans.
6. Would lying in bed and getting paid $19,000 make you happier? If so, NASA is calling your name! (https://dlr-probandensuche.de/#teilnehmen)
+ Doctor's Note: Scientist at NASA are looking for women to stay in bed for 2 months and as compensation you get, $18,522.
7. Turns out that logging off Facebook actually improves your subjective well-being...also in news, water is wet. (https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/feb/01/facebook-mental-health-study-happiness-delete-account)
+ Doctor's Note: The ** new joint study from Stanford and NYU (http://web.stanford.edu/~gentzkow/research/facebook.pdf)
highlights how much social media can affect our subjective ratings of happiness...Yowza.